Superfunds often change - be it through mergers, closures, changes to USIs etc. This means that whilst a superfund may be valid this month when paying your employee superannuation, the superfund details you have recorded may be invalid next month. The below list aims to help clients keep on top of the changes and when possible, the new superfund details have been provided.
If you have any questions regarding a superfund change, we recommend reaching out to the superfund directly for assistance.
We recommend searching this page for a particular USI or superfund name if wanting to check if a superfund has been affected by a change.
If there are any superfunds not listed here that are changing, please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ING Living Super USI: 13355603448001 will be transferred to OneSuper from the 1st December 2023 via Successor Fund Transfer. This means that the superannuation details for all ING Living Super members will need to be updated to ABN: 43905581638 USI: 43905581638019 for all contributions made from 1st December 2023. For more information please click here
Smartsave Super (USIs: 43905581638001 and TCS0102AU) are being merged with Superhero Super on the 30th November 2023 by Successor Fund Transfer. As such, the ABN and USI for Smartsave Super members has changed and will need to be updated within your payroll software.
The new ABN and USI for Superhero Super from the 1st December 2023 is: ABN 43905581638 USI: 43905581638018. We welcome clients to follow up with the superfund if they wish to confirm. Please click here for further information.
- CBA Group Superannuation will be merging with Australian Retirement Trust from the 3rd November 2023. This change affects USIs: OSF0001AU, 24248426878201 and 24248426878001. For more information regarding the merger please click here.
- Aware Super USI: 53226460365005 and USI: 53226460365008 will be merging into existing USIs under Aware Super and will be unable to accept contributions from the 31st October 2023. Please update your records to ABN: 53226460365 USI: 53226460365001 for any employees remitting to these superfund products.
- MLC Life Insurance products will be unable to accept contributions from the 27th August 2023. The following USIs are included under this change: 70732426024901, 70732426024996, 70732426024903, 70732426024904, 70732426024902 and 70732426024997. Please reach out to MLC directly for further information on remitting superannuation for affected employees.
- Maritime Super USI: 77455663441001 will be closing due to a merger with Hostplus, starting from the 25th August 2023. From this date, the superfund will enter a limited service period and not accept contributions any longer. For more information on the merger, please see the following: click here . Contribution payments will not be accepted until the 12th September 2023 for Maritime Super members, from which contributions can be remitted to Hostplus ABN: 68657495890 USI: HOS0100AU
- Encircle Superannuation USI: 68486630403001 will be closing due to a merger with Centric Super, starting from the 24th August 2023. From this date, the superfund will enter a limited service period and not accept contributions until the 4th September 2023. From the 4th September 2023, please use ABN: 91593544166 USI: 91593544166001 for encircle members now with Centric Super. For more information on the merger, please see click here
- MyLifeMySuper USI: 33813823017602 will be closing due to a merging of brands from 30/06/2023 and members moved to Catholic Super. Employees under this USI should be updated to ABN: 33813823017 USI: 33813823017601. For more information please click here
- Australia Post ESA will cease to process contribution data for BGL clients from 30/06/2023. This means that whilst the Australia Post ESA will remain open for Australia Post SMSF clients, they will stop processing contribution data for BGL clients that use the Australia Post ESA. BGL SMSF clients need to use the ESA: BGLSF360. For more information please click here
- Suncorp Brighter Super & Everyday Super USI: 98350952022123. This USI will be closed from the 24th May 2023 due to a rebrand and change of administration provider. Employees under this USI will need to be updated to ABN: 23053121564 USI: 23053121564123 - Brighter Super Optimiser from the 25th May 2023. There will be a temporary suspension period until the 12th June 2023 so clients should expect some processing delays as part of the transition during this time.
- EISS Super USI: EIS0001AU will be closed from the 11th May 2023 as a result of a merger with CBUS. Employees under this USI will need to be updated to ABN: 75493363262 USI: CBU0100AU for contributions made from the 12th May 2023. For further information please visit: eisuper.com.au/merger-hub
- VicSuper USI 53226460365011 is expiring on 1 May 2023. From 1 May 2023, update the USI for VicSuper (53226460365011) to the Aware Super USI (53226460365001) in your payroll system. For the full information notice please click here
- Superestate USI: 34300938877007 is expiring on the 30th April 2023 as a result of a successor fund transfer with Raiz Invest Super. The new USI to use for employees that have moved to Raiz Invest Super is: 30099320583005. For more information please see the Significant Event Notice here.
- Elevate Super USI: 40586548205006 is expiring as of the 21st April 2023 as the superfund has merged with IQ Super as part of a successor fund transfer. For more information please see the Significant Event Notice here.
- Xplore Super and Pension USI: 40586548205004 is expiring on the 4th April 2023 as part of a successor fund transfer with HUB24 Super. Please update the superfund details for employees to ABN: 60910190523 USI: 60910190523001. For more information please download the Significant Event notice for Xplore Super here.
- Cashel Super USI: 40586548205005 is expiring on the 1st March 2023 as part of a successor fund transfer with HUB24 Super. Please update the superfund details for employees to ABN: 60910190523 USI: 60910190523001. For more information please download the Significant Event notice for Cashel Super here.
- BT Super: USI: BTA0287AU and ASG0007AU. These USIs have closed between the 24th March 2023 and the 1st April 2023 due to the successor fund transfer merger to Mercer Super. For more information please click here.